We are currently accepting applications for the Paint Ypsilanti Project. Please use the form below to submit your home for consideration or to nominate (with their permission) someone you feel could benefit from the program. Project recipients will be selected based upon a number of factors, some of which are listed below:
- Physical Disabilities or Limitations
- Financial Difficulties
- Veteran Status
- Condition of Home
- Neighborhood Impact
Please note that all applicants MUST own their home, carry insurance and be up-to-date on their property taxes to qualify for this program.
All applicants will be screened and those that best fit our criteria will be contacted with some additional questions. Home applications can be submitted anytime and are reviewed on a rolling basis, applications will be held for consideration until all grants have been awarded for the year. Homes will be evaluated from the street before the homeowner is contacted, applicants are encouraged to apply in subsequent years if they are not selected on their first application.
All information provided will remain confidential and will not be disclosed to any third parties. More details about our selection process can be found below this application form, questions regarding the application process should be directed here.
Home Selection Guidelines (used to select and prioritize applicants)
- Preference given to homes under 1,500 square feet and homes that do not have a second story
- No major structural issues
- Homes that clearly demonstrate need for paint and would exhibit significant change if refurbished
- Building envelope is sound and doesn’t need any significant repairs
- Existing siding material is in relatively good condition, would not need extensive prep work before paint application
- Siding material is made of wood, aluminum, vinyl or fiber cement
- Landscaping work would not entail any significant grading or removal/disposal of difficult materials
- Homes that could be renovated with 1 application of premium paint (houses with existing dark colors are not easily covered with lighter colored paint)
- Working onsite bathroom available for volunteer use
- Preference given to homes that are in close approximation to other Paint Ypsilanti houses and have high visibility and/or high traffic counts on street
- Preference given to families that can exhibit a clear financial hardship. Additional consideration given to seniors; veterans; families dealing with disabilities; families that offer to volunteer or can recruit volunteers
A limited color palette will be presented to selected applicants for their choice of paint colors. Standardizing paint colors allows us to minimize waste and realize program cost savings. Selected homeowners are also given the option to purchase paint out-of-pocket if they wish to select a color not offered (must be a color that is compatible with single-coat application).